Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 18. Rest.

Wow this week was BUSY and it went by in a flash. I've noticed that, because I write my blog right before bed, and it inevitably DELAYS sleep, I leave out SO MUCH STUFF.
So I'm gonna try to give you an idea of what has changed for me. First, I drink my coffee black. Or, is it first that I get up between 5am and 6am? That's a habit now, because I get to write and drink coffee as soon as I wake up and I REALLY look forward to that. I'm really AMAZED that just a few short months ago, I would roll out of bed just in time to do what I needed to do. The end result is that I was often late, rushed or disorganized. Now, I'm putting my clothes out the night before, I'm making sure the morning has as few bumps in the road as possible.
So, NEXT would be that I drink my coffee black. OH HOW I RESISTED THIS! I tortured myself with thoughts of how delicious coffee creamer is, or that my stomach would react poorly to coffee without creamer. The truth of the matter is that I don't even think about it anymore. The act of drinking my coffee resumed its original level of pleasure on the second day I had it black. NOTABIGDEAL.
I found a routine that helps me floss every day! Do you know how long I have failed at that? My entire adult life. That's how long. Why did I fail? I never wanted to do it right before bed, I'd rather just skip it and go to bed. And the mornings, well, we know how they were going. So, now I've established a morning routine that just FEELS right.
I pack my lunch every day, and actually, my clean diet allows me to function so much better, even on less sleep!
Today, in particular, I was on cloud nine. For some reason, I just bounced my way into the gym...actually, I'm pretty confident that reason was that it is Friday and I can sleep forever. So, for right now, those are the significant changes I've made. I'm sure I'll continue to make changes. Today, I had an AWESOME workout...I got to the gym earlier than usual, so I decided to tack some things onto the beginning of my workout...like 6 minutes of warm up, since I figured warm muscles would probably work better for me. Then, I tacked on an extra set of calf raises because my legs are so skinny.
But I'm falling asleep writing this, so I should probably get some rest.
Tomorrow is yoga, and I'm hoping to get up at my normal time. I am on call until 9am so I hope everyone has a safe Friday night!

Oh, and I had a dream about living in a house with one of these green house rooms. I WANT!

No comments:

Post a Comment