Monday, December 31, 2012

My first day!

Granted, I definitely ate better overall ever since learning about sugar and carbs versus protein and vegetables. But today was the first day I ate clean EVERY MEAL! Egg whites for breakfast, green bowl for lunch (only used sesame oil and lemon pepper seasoning...probably more fat than I need, but NO HFCS!), protein shake, then turkey muffins and an orange. Ok ok ok, the orange probably does not belong. Especially not at 7pm. But, I was having a craving to SABOTAGE my plan. Seriously I think the only reason I wanted anything but clean food was to prove to myself that I'm never going to succeed at this.
But I recognized it, that tendency to opt out of the difficult thing, and made a different choice.
After all that, I remembered that the first few days are the hardest. DUH! The first few days of ANYTHING ARE THE HARDEST! I'm happy to report I made it through.
I even did my workout! I put serious effort into concentrating on the muscle today, and I was able to do more push-ups than I realized without straining my elbows! So yay! Now I'm rewarding myself some more with Breaking Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment