Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I'm BACK with a 12-week plan!

It's August 29th and I've been on vacation for a full week and a half.  My plan was to rest, organize, visit my friend in New York, and create a vision for a 12 week plan.  So far, I've rested and visited my friend.  I've spent a lot of time catching up with other friends too, so maybe that was something that was missing.


At any rate, I watched lots of True Blood and saw this image of Sookie that was awfully inspiring:
I mean, DAMN, GIRL!  She looked so good I watched it in slow motion.
Anyway.  Those are my daily doses of inspiration that I need to incorporate into my day.
I mean, seriously, did you SEE THAT?  Look at those abs!  Those thighs!  Wow.  I just can't stop.  She must have worked really hard for that.  And I'm gonna work really hard to look my best too.
While I'm at it...that's just for your gratuitous viewing pleasure.

Alright.  Seriously now, getting back to my plan.  Amy was AWESOME and pointed me to this website: www.bodybuilding.com, where I found a 12 week plan for females.  Today was my first real day on that plan.  I haven't entirely wrapped my head around it.

When I did Amy's plan it was simple:  Here are the times you eat, here's what to eat, here's how much.  I've mastered preparing that food and it was doable.
With this plan, it is new.  I'm eating egg whites twice a day.  I'm making turkey meatloaf muffins.  It's all new and I don't have it down yet.

To be honest, I should probably take 5 minutes and look at what I'm supposed to do tomorrow.
Ok, so I took 30 min and looked at what I'm supposed to do tomorrow.
This meal plan and exercise plan is a little different than what I'm used to because it's about building muscle in the first phase.  I will eat A LOT of protein.

So, this means I have a few things to accomplish tomorrow.
Wake up, have a couple of egg whites, go to the gym.  Maybe coffee.  Trying to break myself of that habit.
Be done with the gym, drink a protein shake, eat egg whites and banana.
Use Chalene Johnson's reverse engineering to come up with a plan and a to-do list.
Do some organizing.  Start with 5 minutes.
Eat every three hours.
At some point, I need to run an errand for work.
I will avoid electronics tomorrow and maybe read some of the books I wanted to check off my list.  Maybe.  This muscle building thing takes a lot of effort, though.  Maybe instead I'll plan out my vision for the next 12 weeks.  Familiarize myself with the program, make some more turkey muffins.  They're great for protein on the go!

Alright, for now, I'm way past my bedtime.

Oh, but I haven't said:  I made myself a profile on the bodybuilding website, very happy with the tools there!  And the other thing is that I certainly didn't eat 7 times today.  I had 2 egg whites, then meant to go to the gym, but totally didn't until after my first real meal (egg whites, banana, oatmeal).  Then ate a protein shake, apple, nuts and two muffins after the gym (totally not what the plan calls for...no nuts on this plan), then I took a nap.  I needed it.  Then I ate a dinner at some point.  Egg whites and a salad (with dressing.  Totally not on the plan).  So that's 3 and a half meals.  Tomorrow I'll do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment