Monday, August 6, 2012

6 Days, and I Didn't Self-Sabotage!

I'm pretty proud of myself except for the fact that it's 8:50pm and I'm sitting at work when I want to take a Benadryl by 9pm.  So, this will be short.

Gold stars all around today!!!

I got up at 7am...my goal was that I get a reward if I got up by 7am (trying to fight the demon of hitting snooze for an hour and a half...I want it to up ALARM=SLEEPY TIME ENDS).  I actually crawled out of bed at 7:20am, but I did look at my phone for a few minutes first.  This is very good, though!

I ate 4 meals today!  Yay!  Here's the breakdown:
8am: typical breakfast, eggs, oatmeal, kale shake, banana, coffee...exactly the way I'm supposed to have it.
10am: more coffee
11:15am: protein shake, apple, almonds, (portioned.  No ability to eat mindlessly :)!) Kale shake
2pm: chicken pan fried in coconut oil, broccoli, cauliflower, 1pc ezekiel bread, 1 T butter, Kale shake, 1/2 honest tea
7pm: chicken (left over from pan frying), with melted string cheese, 1/2 honest tea.
OOOH, I almost forgot...at 8pm, I REALLY WANTED the PB M&Ms that were in the chocolate drawer at work.  At first I thought I'd have one.  Then two.  Then THREE.  We know how this story goes, right?  So I stopped, and posted what I was doing on Facebook so that I would have accountability and WOULD NOT CONTINUE.  And I did not.  Yay!  (It wasn't worth it, btw, shoulda just waited out that craving.)

I did Amy's PiYo class tonight, which was SO challenging, and I tried to be really mindful of how my body was moving to get the MOST out of the movements.  I'm thinking I might need to start doing pushups on my knees...I normally do them military style (LIKE A BOSS! hehe), but I can only go halfway down (and that's being generous). I found that doing them on my knees, I can touch my nose to the floor, and one big fat goal of mine is to be able to kick ass at some pushups.  I'm thinking I can develop those muscles a little faster if I throw some girly pushups in the mix.  Of course I'll keep doing regular pushups, because that way I'll know how the change is coming along.

Well, I'm sure there's more I could say, but I've got to get home and go to bed and all that.  Get ready for success tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment