Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Week 8, Day 3. 30 days to go!

I did really well today, despite challenges.

I meant to get up and run at 7am today, for no reason other than the good feeling of clearing your brain and being outside before work.

But I didn't.

I will change that. Tomorrow I WILL get up and run before work and I will reward myself with something I REALLY want...hmmm...maybe take 30 minutes to stroll through Arts Fest and BUY something. Although I'd really like to buy EITHER The Book Thief (i will buy this, I just am not sure when) or The Last Word on Power, which we used tonight in the life-coaching class I'm taking.

Hmmmm.  A reward that I will jump out of bed for...bikini shopping? Finding one I can invision myself in? Getting an idea of what stores to visit in order to find a quality suit? Planning and committing to a shopping trip...THIS WEEKEND???

That might work.

Anyway, today I knew I needed to work out at 5pm today...lifting session on an empty stomach.

I did SO WELL today. I'm using the tricks I used when I was quitting smoking to  stay the course on this diet.

Although, quitting smoking is EASIER! You either HAVE a cigarette or you DON'T. And every time you don't have a cigarette, you work on lowering  the amount of nicotine in your system, which will eventually lead to not having cravings at all.

Eating well isn't as simple.

But I used the "I'm special" line with myself. I'm not going to elaborate because it sounds silly, but it works and it gives me the strength I need to say no when I need to and yes when I need to.

For clean eating, I didn't do perfectly. I had shrimp fried in coconut oil (OMG YUM). 11, to be exact, which is probably a serving and a half of protein. I could say that I couldn't stop myself, except I did.

There were three more begging me to eat them, but I didn't.

I had a salad as well, no dressing, some cashews, probably more than a serving, (oh and I snuck 2 corn chips and 5 or 6 little pieces of pretzelly things from a chex mix bag).  I also fried up a little yellow squash in the coconut oil...which MIGHT be the most insanely delicious thing I've eaten all year. No breading, just sauteed. It probably served more as a carb. Then I ate ONE peanut butter girl scout cookie. It wasn't even very good! How disappointing!

Then I ate ONE piece of dark chocolate that I know was fine, I bought the bag for students recently, but it tasted rancid to me.

THEN I went to a friend's house and had two glasses of red wine. Oops. I think I might pay for that.

But, I wanna get up and run tomorrow anyway. I'm really liking how my belly looks these days and I want to hold onto it!

I was supposed to do pictures and a wrap today, but my partner-in-crime is not available, and may not be until Saturday.

So. Another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment