Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 8, Day 1. 32 days left!

I didn't blog for the past couple of days because I ended up eating A LOT of popcorn at the movies (Spiderman...not totally my thing, but I liked the subtle changes...I thought it would be a Spiderman story I hadn't heard yet) THEN getting a Baconator at Wendy's and ice cream!

The good news is that on Sunday, I did indeed get up and do intervals before I ate. Albeit, I avoided it until nearly 12:30pm (which is not ideal...ideal is eating at the same predictable time every day). Regardless, I killed it on the elliptical. I was serious about avoiding hard work until after I did my first 30 second interval. Then I cranked it. I put the resistance on 13 for my pops and 8 for recovery. By 9 I wondered if I could go on. I did, although I could not manage the intensity (pace-wise) of the pops, but I was absolutely winded and my quads were depleted.

Also, when I work really hard, for some reason, I get terrible uterine cramps that will not subside unless and until I take a breather. So after 9, I took an extra 30 seconds to recover, and the cramps only returned slightly, but by then I was done! I don't know why that happens. Sometimes I get breakthrough bleeding too. No one has been able to explain this to me. I call it my leaky cervix. Anyway, TMI. I'm glad I'm not posting this on FB!

So then Sunday I ate well until I went out to dinner for my friend Linsey who is leaving her job. We went to Rotelli's. I was TIRED from my workout, which explains my choices: a glass of red wine, caesar salad, and chicken parm. And IT WAS DELICIOUS! Amy says to remember that there are no "bad" foods/food choices. Just to remember what you're choosing when you eat fried chicken...that you're probably going to have some extra calories in your system.

So, I was all on point to take care of those extra calories by getting up and running early. Until I didn't go to bed on time and consequently didn't get up on time.

I forgot, I even drove out to Wegman's to get cheesecake after dinner. I will say that I had a $10 cheesecake in my right hand and a container of lemon poppy seed scones in my left...but turned around and walked out with a single slice of cheesecake. Which I call a win. I was deeply satisfied with that choice.

Anyway, so I woke up feeling crappy. Allergies got the best of me and I just didn't feel rested. I was pissed off that I didn't get my workout done and hit snooze for two hours (any wonder I didn't feel rested!) and just felt defeated. Like today was an insurmountable obstacle I just couldn't get over. I totally planned on having pizza and more fried chicken.

But apparently that reaction is weakening.

All it took was one inspirational posting on Facebook to remind me to just take ONE small step toward my goal.

I did that, and voilà! The rest of the day I ate pretty clean and even managed to go to Kerry's class, even though it took some serious effort to get there on time. And my legs weren't shaved, which has totally stopped me from attending class before. I worry that everyone will judge me (even wearing pants, at some point my legs show) for not shaving. But now, even if they do, I try to remind myself that it's not a good enough reason to skip class.

So. It's 9:44pm and I'm ready for a great day tomorrow. And I'm hungry. This is a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment