Saturday, May 19, 2012

Week 2, Day 6. I almost forgot to blog!

Today was a good day. It was full of making good decisions.

I worked at Green Bowl, made good choices about food, made sure to go to the gym BEFORE going out to see the horses.  And I had a nice reintroduction to pops after that episode LAST Saturday that left me sore for 5 days. Man, I am STILL not right from that. I can't stretch as far or as deep...but I suppose more work on those muscles is the best remedy.

I should really stop waiting until right before I go to bed to write my blog because I can't express myself for the life of me, and I forget 90% of what I wanted to say. I'll have to adhere to a schedule better from now on.

One thing I can say was that the horses were a real treat. At one point, I kind of "came to".  I was so excited about being around the horses that  when I walked away for a second, I kind of came back to myself and realized I didn't know what time it was or what day it was. I couldn't remember if I had come from my full-time job or what, and I couldn't remember if it was morning or afternoon or evening.  In my mind, I very slowly recalled that information...in real life it probably happened rapidly.

Anyway, I think they call that "flow", and I think I need to do a whole lot more of it.

So I am scheduled for a lesson Thursday morning at 9am, provided I haven't double-booked myself. I still haven't checked my calendar, but I'm pretty sure I don't have to work until the afternoon.

Anyway, this lesson is a reward for staying on my plan for the week. So...tonight I REALLY wanted a cold beer, but I would have settled for a glass of wine. At first, I was pulled up to the liquor store, ready to buy wine. But I knew I wouldn't have just one glass. I'd have enough that it would negatively impact my diet. So, I never even got out of my car. I just put it in reverse and left.

The only thing is, it kept cropping up in my brain, "A glass (bottle) of wine would be so great right now." And, actually, it pissed me off.  It was like a child asking if they can have a friend over a hundred times. At first, your resolve is really strong, and then you stop remembering all the reasons this is a bad idea. Eventually, the idea seems only moderately bad. Which makes it HARDER to say no to.

ARRRRGH!!!

I wanted to be able to say, "If you keep asking me, you will go to your room." But I couldn't get away from it.

I'm still not away from it. For some reason for the past few days, alcohol has been very tempting.  But I've resisted. I have been awfully tired, and that's usually a trigger.  I'll have to think about that.

That's pretty much it. I'm going to the barn tomorrow too, so I suppose I should go to bed.

Oh, one last thing, I weighed in at 132.8 today, which surprised me because of the almonds!  Down .2lbs (probably water, but at least it's not UP .2 lbs!) We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment