Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 4. Time flies!

I can't believe I'm four days in already! And I had a SOLID fourth day. I thought I might have overdone it with my 6pm meal, but we shall see about that tomorrow.

I just have to say, I LOVE the sleep I get after one of Amy's classes. I didn't even wake up to pee until 7:30pm.  This is yet another one of the great benefits of high intensity interval training. It may be tough, but your body loves it.

I'm never so energized as when I am eating right, working out hard (which erases my anxiety...too tired to be anxious) and sleeping well...and not drinking. Oh, no caffeine, either, which very much inspires a person to make bedtime a priority.

Granted, today I was hungry, but that's no surprise, given the way I fired up lots of muscles yesterday.

Speaking of firing up muscles, when I went to the gym tonight, I really had to be mentally strong. There were SO MANY TIMES that I thought I could just skip an exercise.

I made the decision to do it anyway.

This was an incredibly hard decision to make, but the work itself wasn't that hard, even though I concentrated on form for every movement.

Today, I was bound and determined to get the MOST out of this plan. It's a powerful feeling. I think something in my brain has switched, and I really believe this is going to happen.

I will be celebrating the fittest body of my life on June 28, my 32nd birthday.

I'm not sure what's in store for tomorrow, but I think I need to do pops at 6am and then eat clean, and then I think my cheat day is on Saturday.

It's easier to choose AGAINST what your brain tells you to do (like eat the string cheese, skip the monster walk) when you know you are on a path toward something you've really wanted for a long time.

Anyway, if you can't tell, I'm tired and need to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment