Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week Nine, Day Two! Now is no time to slow down on blogging!

For my own benefit, tonight as I was eating my last meal, I decided I would take a picture of it and send it to my nutritionist because I planned on eating an ungodly amount of vegetables, and I was a little concerned that I might overdo it.  At some point, Amy did say, "Eat as many vegetables as you want.  The more vegetables you eat, the less you will crave breads and sugars and such."  I don't know if that means this:


This is 6oz of cod, a handful of asparagus, and an entire Birds Eye steamer bag of broccoli and cauliflower.

This is what was left over when I was done.  I didn't stuff myself, but I wanted to.
I had a rough day today.  I woke up at 8am, after going to bed at 11pm, falling asleep around 11:30pm.  But for the past week or so, I have not been getting enough sleep and it is totally catching up to me.  I managed to get up, only because I wanted to get my run in before I ate, and by the time I got around, I knew it would be 9am or later before I ate...and that would throw my whole day off a little.

So, I did get up and around and I had a nice easy recovery run, but still got my heart rate up.  I ran for about 35 minutes.  When I got home, I immediately made myself breakfast, and then got my food around for the day and headed for the pool for about an hour.

Unfortunately, it was simply not hot enough out for me to sit at the pool.  I ended up coming inside and sneaking a delicious 20 minute nap.  Then I finally got around for work.

Anyway, my day went fine, and I managed to eat every 3 hours, come hell or high water.  At some point, I'll have to write down what I actually ate, because I think it's less than my nutritionist thinks I'm eating, and I haven't thought to talk to her about that.  Eh, I'll write it down real quickly.

9:30am #1-4 egg whites, 1 yolk (cooked with Pam), 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup blueberries.  1 cup Yerba Mate tea
12:30pm #2-1 protein shake, 1 banana, 1 apple, 1oz cashews
2:30pm #3-4oz chicken, half a yam, 1 cup (or more) broccoli (the salad was SOOOO not agreeing with me...at least not the onions), 1 rice cake with one Tablespoon peanut butter.
0:00pm #4-skipped.
6:30pm- 6oz cod and asparagus, cooked in 2T canola oil, 1/2 cup broccoli and cauliflower, steamed.

So, the real reason I wanted to write tonight is that I've noticed that I've gotten used to my 8 pound weight loss, and I have already started to take it for granted.  On Sunday, I was so thrilled because I was able to wear a pair of pants that I haven't worn in such a long time.  I was so excited about it that when I got done tanning, I made sure that I did my hair and makeup to go get my first cheat meal.

I felt great, and I felt like I was attracting people all over (this is a little trick Martha Beck talks about in her book The Four Day Win-that if you behave in a (this is an oversimplified explanation) confident way, people will be attracted to you and you will get more attention.  I definitely saw this happening.  But as the day wore on, I felt less and less good about myself.  I felt that I had squeezed myself into these pants, and now they were creating a muffin top.  I felt like I may as well have not lost the weight, because I felt the same way:  Unattractive.

Then I realized that this was about ME, and having confidence.  It's not totally about the weight.  I'm finally beginning to understand that concept, and it feels amazing.

So, I'm learning to dress better.  Here's my example from today:
For some reason, this absolutely refuses to be upright.  I give up.
I am way too tired to write anything else, and I think I might even be coming down with something.  Boo.  Time for bed for me.  It's 10:37pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment