Friday, July 22, 2011

Week Eight, Day Five! Sunday is my cheat day!

I had to start with this video, because I can't stop watching it.  I don't think it's healthy how much I love this man.  But but but...he shows EMOTION!  He shows REGRET!  He shows SADNESS!  I must be starved for men in my life who have feelings-ANY men, not just love interests.  Because I am downright hooked on this guy.  And Kimbra?  She's amazing.  Her small part is so perfect, it didn't need to be any bigger.  Enjoy!




I had a pretty great day today.  I woke up at 7am simply because it was too damn hot to sleep any longer, so I figured I'd make the best of it.  I got up and decided to try for a run.  My legs are STILL so sore that it would be more accurate to describe what I was doing as hobbling, not running.  At about 7 minutes in, I noticed that my legs must have warmed up because they weren't as sore, but... I never got moving too fast.

I jogged for about 30 minutes, then stretched and came in and took a spectacularly cold shower.  I tried to eat breakfast and get ready for work and get dressed simultaneously...but I had a blender mishap.  I was trying to blend my Hulk Shake, and stepped away from it, JUST to put deodorant on, and the damn thing unscrewed itself from the bottom.  So I stepped out of the bathroom, all confused as to how there was less stuff in the blender than when I left, and Wait, what's that?  Why's the handle on the other........oh shit.  A green puddle was spreading out under my dish drying rack, Keurig, knife set, onto the floor, dripping into drawers.  What a mess.

So.  I probably didn't actually eat my breakfast until 8:30am.  I got around and went to work and ate all my meals about 3 hours apart.  I managed to eat my last meal at 6:30pm woo-hoo!!!  So, I only ate 4 meals today.  I really want to get out of this habit of a 4 meal day.  I really feel like it's just due to the fact that 4 meals is easier, not that it's not possible for me to eat 5.  I mean, it IS difficult to fit five meals in, don't get me wrong, but I think I've been taking the easy way out.

I'm really trying to focus on self-mastery with this, but also with all aspects of my life.  This goal is a good exercise in self-mastery, because it doesn't get much more basic than what you put in your mouth.  Now I'm really trying to spend my time the way I want to spend it as opposed to being at the mercy of whatever mood I'm in, or whatever whim I'm feeling-which would be fine if I didn't regret the lost time spent on internet surfing and tv watching and the like.

Don't get me wrong, I will still have my time (days even) where I can do whatever I want, but I am getting to the point of feeling very overwhelmed by all the work I want to do, and I find that it just completely stalls me.  I have a reading list a mile long that just keeps growing because I never get to it.  But I find that I can absolutely make better use of my time.

The first step, though, is emptying my time, and that's what I plan to do on Sunday.

Sunday is my CHEAT DAY!  I only know that I'm going to have a turkey sub from Wegman's and potato chips.  Since my Five Guys meal was kind of stolen because I had to eat it in bites while I was at work at the Green Bowl, I might do that again.  I just really can't wait to get my hands on salty, greasy, cheesy potato chips.  Yum.  And, it would be nice to have Five Guys french fries while they are hot.  And I completely plan on having my cheesecake this time.  My plan is to lay out at the pool, only taking breaks to drive to get my food, eat it, and go back to laying out.  Unless I get tired of it.  Then, of course, I could come in and lay down and read a book.  Not at my place, of course, because I don't have air conditioning, and I don't plan on getting it.  I plan on having the lowest possible electricity bill for the remainder of the time I am here.  That pretty much sucks because it's 91 degrees, and it's 10pm.  Oh well.

My plan for tomorrow is to get up at 7am, eat my breakfast, get around for Kerry's hot yoga class, which is from 8:30am-10:00am, shower and go to Green Bowl from 11am to 10pm (during which time I will eat four completely clean meals), and then decide if I want to stay here...or at my friend's.  It will depend on how I feel.

It's 10:15pm and in keeping with my self-mastery, it's time for me to go to sleep.  Yay for tomorrow, then my cheat day!

No comments:

Post a Comment