Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Week Two, Day Three

I'm trucking right along, it seems!

Today I had another weird day.  I had to be on the road by 7am for a training for work.  Which meant that I was up until 2am preparing my food.  I have NO IDEA why it took me that long, but it did.

And, SUCCESS!  I still ate my meals!  I didn't forget anything or let things get too warm to where I couldn't eat them, etc.  As a result of eating differently, I literally COULD NOT BELIEVE how alert I was on four hours of sleep and no coffee.  It really spoke volumes to the benefits of "clean eating".

Since my car no longer has air conditioning, I was sweating all the way to the training, and all the way back (3 hours, round trip).  As a result, I think I drank double my recommended water intake (90oz) for the day, and I'm still drinking.
 
It was such a beautiful day that I headed up to one of our local swimming places/free parks.  I'm definitely not heading to an ACTUAL POOL, where I would have to wear an ACTUAL BATHING SUIT.  No.  Shorts and tank top it was, and I was also boiling there, so I drank even more.  It was really nice to spend a couple of hours out of the house, just minding my own business. 

If I had any trouble eating my meals today (which I did, I boiled my chicken SO DRY I practically choke on it every time I eat it, and my vegetables in my salad did NOT keep well in the cooler), all of that went away when I saw the very cute, slim girls there in their bright pink bikinis and seriously tan bodies.


I remembered that I am choosing to do this.  This is not torture or some unfortunate thing that I must endure.  It's a choice I made so that I don't have to deal with the daily "oh my god, I would never wear that."  And, I noticed today that my backfat is shrinking!  I know that I can't know EVERY little spot where I'm losing fat, but THAT was thrilling, and I hadn't noticed it before. 

Not only did I remember that I chose this, I'm finding I'm at a stage where I have to ACTIVELY remind myself that this IS a choice.  I feel myself going into the "victim mode" of "oh, poor me, I so wish I could have some of that yummy dessert" and I begin to deteriorate.  Remembering that I can stop anytime I want to puts me back in the driver's seat.  I CAN have the cake/ice cream/McDonald's.  I choose not to.  No one is holding a gun to my head.  And in those moments when I pine for something sweet, I remember, "This is a lifestyle change.  Let go of the things you were eating that were not making you happy.  If you do it long enough, it will become habit, and it will feel just as natural and easy as picking up McDonald's."  Although I hope I will never do that again, because I was reminded that meat whose origin is unknown to you is quite likely to be filled with hormones, drugs, and other things that are carcinogens, or diabetes-inducing estrogen (not to mention that estrogen can seriously pack on the pounds).

These past couple of days have had their humps to get over, but I'm finding that I can manage it.  I can TOTALLY manage it.  I absolutely trust this process.

Right now, as an end of the night, relaxing reward, I'm having some lemon-ginger herbal tea (since I haven't been able to have coffee...and might give it up for good), and I might start watching Dexter. 

The only thing I'm not totally thrilled with myself about was that I haven't been working out as much as I've wanted to.  I had an AWESOME workout on Monday with Kerry, and woke up with seriously sore triceps and upper abs.  If I can find a picture of the ab/leg workout she had us do, I will post it.  If not, I'm thinking about making my own videos and putting them on my blog!  Yes!

Today I had planned on running, but after 4 hours of sleep and a long day of driving, I just couldn't do it and tolerate the heat.  I kind of think if I had to do it again I would do it differently.  BUT!  There's no time to think about that.  Tomorrow I have a run planned with Paula (wheee!) and I will make sure to make the most of it!

So the closest thing that I could approximate Kerry's classes to is this video:
Despite the sex appeal and the lewd comments, this workout is awesome, and FINALLY I have something I can do at home!!!  I keep trying to remember the Kerry/Amy workouts, but I am just too engaged to ever do that.  Whee!  Maybe I will have to get one of those GymBosses after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment