Tuesday, June 7, 2011

WEEK TWO! Day TWO!

Yesterday should have been Day 8, but I started blogging a day late.

Anyway, today was an interesting day.  I really have to TRY now to stay on my meals.  I'm getting bored with the food, but will meet with Amy soon to figure out how to substitute things and mix it up.  I just have to stay focused and stick to the plan.

Today, I had a weird day.  I woke up regretting how late I went to bed last night.  I fought sleep like a toddler.  I don't know why.  So, after about 2 hours of work today I decided to come home and take a 3 hour nap to catch up on the sleep I've been missing.  Not a big deal, on Tuesdays and Thursdays I teach a class that runs until 9pm, so I was planning on shaving time anyway.  I just had to make a decision between the gym and a nap.  Today I chose a nap, and I'm glad I did.  I will be getting up at 6am tomorrow to drive to Dubois for a training, and I just plain wasn't going to get enough sleep.  Plus, I've been either sick or overcome with allergies.

Stop making me defend my decision to take a nap!!!  :)



Anyway, today's over and tomorrow is a new start.  I ate my meals like I was supposed to, although I didn't get to work out.  But I am ok with that, because I am sore from Kerry's workout.  I'm going to have monster shoulders when all is said and done!  And I have a nice workout planned for tomorrow outside where I can run 6 miles uphill, should I choose.  Which I won't.  But I could!

Here's what's exciting in my life right now:  1) Other people are joining me and supporting me.  2) I'm noticing how much I WASN'T in my own business.

Case in point:  I have gotten several emails/comments/messages about how people are doing exactly what I've done, have struggled with the same (or different) issues that I'm struggling with, or are just offering encouragement, or telling me where they are on their path(s). IT IS AWESOME.  Keep 'em coming!  I love hearing about the updates!

Second case in point:  When I didn't make time to focus on problems that weren't mine to solve...I was left with only my problems to solve.  It's amazing how much of my own life I've been ignoring, and as a result, how emotionally cut off I've been to my own feelings.  Today, someone told me a story about a teenage boy who stood up and told his story about being bullied, and I didn't even hear WHAT HE SAID, but the simple idea brought me to tears.  AT WORK.  IN FRONT OF A PERSON.  Unheard of.  I do not cry in front of people over things that are not massive; my brother getting into a car accident and "they don't think he's going to die right now" was massive.  I cried, BAWLED, in front of people when I heard that and in the following days. Not over something I barely even heard about!  What is going on with me???  So I wonder if I am more in touch with my emotional life or something.

Anyway, I have to pack my 4 meals for tomorrow since I will be gone the whole dang day.  But that's ok!  I'm going to do it! 

This has been my mantra for yesterday and today.  "It only gets hard toward the end of the day.  Then you get to start all over again, and it's fine!  So, just take it one day at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment