Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week Three, Day Six! Can you believe it???

So, I can't say that I followed my diet very well today.  I mean, I didn't do terribly, but I feel like today was a wash.

Here's how it went:

I woke up several times in the night (after going to bed at 2am) to check and see if the kitten was still alive.  She slept like this from 2am until I got up at 8am:



Did not move a muscle.

In fact, when I woke up to check on her, I would touch her ear (hahaha, the one that is sticking out) just to make sure she was still alive.  She wouldn't move.  I would have to move the blanket to get her to show some signs of life.

Anyway.  I spent the next four hours calling vet clinics to see if I could get her an appointment, getting her food and kitty litter, showing her off to the girls at Macy's, pulling burrs out of her soft, fine, pretty fur...and FINALLY decided I needed to get my shit together and eat already.  At noon.

Yes.  5 hours after I was supposed to start eating, I did.  4 hours after I got up!  I just imagine that my metabolism COULD HAVE BEEN cranking, and I lost that opportunity by not fueling it.

Oh, and then I took a nap.  I needed it, so I'm just gonna chalk today up to life.  I didn't maximize my results, but I can get it back together tomorrow.

After that, I woke up at 4:15pm...meant to get up at 3pm, but haha.  Not happening.  I had just enough time to get a shower and pull together meal #2.  Well, actually, I was 5 minutes late to work, so I guess I didn't have just enough time.  Again, not intending to sleep during the day, but I did, so we'll just work harder to make this more natural.

I drank my shake on the way to work, and ate my apple after I got there, trying to sneak in bites without feeling like I wasn't doing work.  I never got to the cashews.

Then at 6pm, I was able to eat a third meal, which was chicken, broccoli, and brown rice-but I used a lemon pepper spice that I think I might need to not use in the future.  I think it has a lot of sodium in it.  I made sure not to cook it in oil, and tried to eat it all at once so that the meal wasn't drawn out over 3 hours.

At 8pm, I finally ate my last meal which was chicken, squash, green beans, and a little edamame.  I used either the Cajun Spice or the Emeril spice...can't remember. I kept it small, but only one cook knew not to cook it in oil...and it got cooked in oil.  But, that's really not the end of the world.

After work, I was so excited to come home and see my kitty!  Haven't heard back from Pets Come First...tomorrow I will have to call around some more.  I'm getting more and more attached by the day, and it is just not fair to me or the kitty.  I can't keep her, much as I would love to.

So, tomorrow I plan on getting up at 6...maybe 7 depending on the temperature and doing my bear runs!  I would do arms or something else, but Monday is Kerry's class.  Eh, I could still do something, because god knows I'm not going to give myself the kind of workout that she is going to give me.

Ok.

Here is my plan for tomorrow.
Get up at 6am or 7am.  Whichever feels better.
Go for my bear runs.
Play with kitten.
Eat breakfast.
Go buy groceries.
Eat next meal three hours later.
Organize living space.
Play with kitty.
Eat next meal.
Watch Dexter?  (I desperately need to do something mindless-this kitten was a godsend!)
Maybe go to the gym for Pilates?  Ah, I don't know from here on out.  All I know is that I will be eating my last meal at 6:30pm.
So I guess that means I'm getting up at 6.  Which is in 6 hours and fifteen minutes.  So in the words of Adam Mansbach, I'm gonna go the f*ck to sleep.

Enjoy!
 
Oh...one last thing.  I think I finally figured out the whole weight-loss thing.  I know what to do:  eat small, balanced meals several times a day, exercise, and sleep.

So...I've known that for like 20 years.  Knowing that NEVER helped me lose weight.  Well, I would lose some weight, and then get frustrated because I didn't understand what was happening with my body.  For example...for almost 2 solid weeks now, my weight has not changed.  In the past, I would have given up this "diet" because I would believe it was failing.

This time around it's different.  For several reasons.  One, I am not following vague guidelines like "small meals" "several times a day" and "balanced".  I have a specific plan that tells me EXACTLY what to eat, without being restrictive/impossible, from a source I trust and I can ask her questions when I am unsure or frustrated.  This makes a huge difference.  I know exactly WHEN to eat and WHY that's important.  I know that consistency over several weeks is far more important than getting every meal just right.

I also really enjoy my plan, especially as I understand what it's doing more.  My blood sugar has leveled out.  I don't drink caffeine anymore (yay for whiter teeth!) and yet I am more evenly energetic.  My hunger makes sense.  I'm drinking a lot of water, which changes my sensation of being hungry.  I'm far less tempted by sugary foods than I ever have been.

And, my scale tells me that my body fat % is down from 39% to 34.1%.  I know I said that yesterday, but I just thought it bears repeating.  I have never been more certain that I can stay on this plan and succeed.  I'm starting to see what my belly muscles will look like when they come in!

Ok.  That's really it.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment