Sunday, June 19, 2011

Week Three, Day Seven!

Wow, I can't believe I'm in this three weeks deep already!  So much to say for today.

First, tomorrow is measurement/picture day and I'm so excited.

Secondly, I am so glad I asked Amy for help.  I keep finding myself thinking/saying that.  She texted me today to catch up-I actually hadn't texted her for awhile because I knew she was going out of town and didn't want to bother her. 

Anyway, she asked me how things were going, and I wanted to lie...oh did I want to lie.  I didn't want to tell her I stayed up until 2am because I found a kitten.  I didn't want to tell her that I totally threw my whole eating plan off because I was so excited about this kitten.

But I did.  Well, I told her that I stayed up way too late the night before and got up way too late on Sat, and that again, I got up late this morning...and now felt like going back to bed after breakfast.

She was awesome.  For some reason, I felt like I deserved to be berated for knowingly disregarding the plan.  I knew she wouldn't do that, but was afraid she'd be disappointed (again...they call this codependency, I'm working on it), and what's more, what I'm learning is that anytime I am "worried" someone is going to be "fill-in-the-blank" with me, it's really that I am/will be disappointed in myself.  And, that's true.  I was disappointed in myself that I couldn't maintain my eating plan while falling in love with this kitten.  Because it matters if you are consistent or not.  Onto Amy's awesomeness.  She asked me about what I had been doing exercise-wise to make sure I hadn't been overtraining.  I'm probably closer to UNDERtraining, but, still.  Then she told me that it may be that my body is starting to get used to a rhythm, and then that rhythm gets disrupted (eat at 7:30am and 10am every morning for a week, then sleep in til 8, and don't eat until 10, and things are bound to go a little haywire).  She told me to strive for a regular bedtime, and I am happy to oblige.

I'm finding that I think I could really do this long-term.  I love this plan.  It's concrete enough for me to follow without getting lost in the details, and I always have Amy for guidance...which I am finding I need.  I definitely don't have all the answers.

Today was my day to prepare for the week and set myself up for success.  I was able to do almost all of that.  I spent $150 on groceries.  YEOWCH.  I spent $100 at Giant getting things like avocados, stuff for my salad, frozen veggies, eggs, fish, blueberries, apples, asparagus, cashews (bought enough for like 3 weeks).  Then I spent $50 at Wegman's.  I bought a Honey Brine Turkey Breast, which Amy recommended, and I cooked it right away and it smelled AMAZING!  Next time I will have to slow roast it, because this time the meat was really hard to get off the bone.  I bought 6 organic chicken breasts (may last two weeks), 2 pounds of 99% fat ground turkey, and Twinings Herbal Unwind, which is African Honeybush with mandarin and orange flavors.  Yum.  I'm having a cup right now.

Also, I've got a picture of my weight chart so far.  I think it's pretty interesting:
I've been tracking my weight all along, at first expecting to see major changes, but now I'm just really curious about how weight loss looks.  I know that I will be successful because I have a plan I can stay on with the support that I need, so I am free to observe what weight loss looks like on a daily basis.

I also decided to observe my body fat percentage.  I don't particularly trust the scale.  I don't think it's very accurate, just because...how can it be?  Nonetheless, I want to chart it just to see where it fluctuates, and basically just learn about it.

Well.  Tomorrow is measurement day and I must go to bed.  So.  Hopefully when I'm dreaming I'll figure out a plan to pick up some shifts at Green Bowl while keeping up with my plan.

I forgot to mention that I did really well with my plan (after telling Amy I didn't eat breakfast until 10am), until my last meal.  I took the kitten to Macy's to show the girls, fully intending on being back by 6:30pm (I left at 5:45pm or so, but so many people thought she was so beautiful and wanted to hold her that I just didn't pay any attention to the fact that I really needed to get home.

Anyway.  Today is done.  Tomorrow is a brand new opportunity.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment