Monday, June 13, 2011

Week Three! Day One!

 It's measurement day!  Here's how I feel:

Feeling pretty super!


 In all reality, this has actually been really tedious to try and post my pics because for some reason, they are all rotated the right way in my files, and yet, when I upload them, they are sideways.  I haven't figured it out yet.  And it's 11pm, so I must go to bed!  Here are the pics and the numbers are below!



I realized too late that the original frontal had all of my legs.  Oops.  Hard to see any difference here.
Side view, letting it all hang out.  I'm sure that look will improve soon!
Other side view, just for good measure.

Could not make this one turn.  But had to put it up.  See!  Who's got back fat?  Not me!  haha.
Oh boy.  Square back.  Something must be done about this.
Measurements:
Weight:  141.2 (+ .4lbs, really not concerned about it)
Bust: 37.5 (-.75)
L Arm: 11 (no change)
R Arm: 11.25 (no change)
Chest: 32 (-.5)
Waist: 35 (-.5, can't tell if I cheated here and measured a different spot...time will tell)
Hips: 38.5 (no change)
Butt: 40 (+.5 I blame my menstrual cycle)
R Thigh: 23 (no change)
L Thigh: 23 no change)

This wasn't a huge week and I didn't expect it to be.  I didn't hit my times for meals or bedtimes and I didn't work out like I wanted to.  I'm taking it all in stride and doing better as I go. 

So, here's my day in a nutshell, since I absolutely need to go to bed.

I was thrilled that I went to bed when I did last night because I woke up from awesome dreams and felt pretty well rested.  I really need to find a way to prioritize sleep better.

I didn't think I was going to make it through the work day since I was feeling so menstrual, but I made it to 2pm and decided I had to get out of there because I could not tolerate my symptoms anymore. 

I had talked to Amy earlier in the day about straying from my plan, and she told me that it means today, because of my leptin levels, my body is primed for cardio.  She recommended an interval workout that sounds like this.  "Warm up, then do 10 30 second sprints.  During those sprints, run like a bear is chasing you.  I mean, you should really be running."  I took it to mean I should run as fast as I possibly could.  I took this literally.  I ran down the road, and visualized a bear chasing me.  Those intervals definitely took it out of me, but I felt energetic enough to do it, despite the cramps and irritation from having my period.

I made it back home with not enough time to stretch, but JUST enough time to make it to Kerry's class.  I really tried HARD in that class tonight, knowing that my body was just waiting to burn some energy.  I don't think I've ever left that class sweatier than I did today!

I did not manage to eat my meals on time today.  I woke up and puttered around...so that threw my meals off for the day.  Every day, I am striving to do better, to make this habitual.

I'm so proud of myself right now, because all my dishes are done for easy meal prep in the morning!  And, my caffiene headache has left me, yay!

Today, I also got the courage to share my blog with Amy (the woman who is integral in helping me get my belly muscles).  For some reason, I was afraid that she wouldn't approve or something.  But, I was totally wrong, and now she gets to see the journey from this angle as well from talking to me in person or via text!

Nothing outrageous happened to me today, so sorry I don't have any entertaining stories.  Oh! Oh!  I lied!  I found myself in a situation where I was making someone else's business my business, and I didn't like how they were handling their business and decided they needed to know that.  (For the record, I am so far in the right it's not even funny...but that's really not the point. *cheesy smile*).  Granted, this person is someone I've known for a long time, so I felt I had the right to call them out on their destructive (my label) behavior.  At some point, I got mad at my WISDOM being rejected, so I decided to punish (ha!) this person by taking my helpful advice and leaving with it.  Steamed.  Then, driving home, I realized I was doing it again.  I was focusing on anybody's stuff but my own.  I could have been working out/writing...ANYTHING that was my business, but there I was, in his business, even though he didn't want me there and didn't like my opinion.  So, I managed to squeak out an apology text, saying: "I've been trying not to do exactly what I did today.  I'm sorry.  It's none of my concern, and I'll do better in the future."  And then of course, I didn't have to be angry/self-righteous anymore.  I could just be focusing on my own goals.

So that's what I did!  I forgot about it and tackled that interval run, which definitely cleared my brain.


All in all, I had a great day, and I'm ready for another one tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment