Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week Three! Day TWO!

Bear-run intervals have me walking funny today.  And yes, that is what I'm going to call them from now until forever.

This is what I tried to visualize to motivate me to really run for my life:

In case this isn't clear, I am SO. SORE. TODAY.  In order to walk, I actually find that it's less painful to brace myself by holding/flexing my stomach muscles because my quads and hamstrings are so sore that...well I don't know why, but it's just less painful.  This is a wonderful thing.  I haven't been this sore in ages.  Means I really put it all out there!  My abs are also pretty sore, yay!  My arms also got it.  So, pretty much everything but my back hurts.  I'll need to get a good run and stretch in in the morning.


And, wow, I am HUNGRY today!
I suppose it has something to do with the fact that I didn't eat the additional calories that Amy added in today.  Meaning, I skipped the blueberries and the yam.  Oh, but I love the yam.  I feel like since I lost 5 pounds, I probably should eat less, right?  I should really ask her that before just deciding for myself.  Will do.

I am having a pretty good day, I guess.  I went to bed too late last night and definitely regret it.  I dragged myself out of bed this morning and starting off eating my first meal at 8:30am instead of 7am.  Oops.  Then, I was so tired that during my 4-hour work break, I took a 2.5 hour nap.  I know that's not ideal.  If I understand it correctly, the plan is to eat your meals spaced 3 hours apart in order to keep your metabolism and energy up throughout the day.

Today has been challenging.  I found that I wasn't hungry enough to eat the banana (in addition to the egg whites and oatmeal) right away, so I waited until I got to work and felt hungry again to eat it.  I don't know if that's right...but it seems to make sense.  I'm sure I'll find out (another thing to ask Amy).  Then I had my next meal at 11am...which was 2.5 hours after my first meal, so I figured it would be ok.

However, I didn't eat again until 3:45pm.  Which was my rice cake with peanut butter, and I only ate that immediately before leaving for work again, because I thought I would REALLY throw things off if I didn't eat something RIGHT NOW.  That was right after I took my nap, too.  *big happy smile for naps!*

So, backing up a little bit, I left for therapy at 12pm, and afterward, I just wanted NOTHING more than a nap.  I just needed to lay down, even though I knew that would throw off my meals and my energy levels.  I just thought, "I'll have to try again tomorrow, because if I am going to get through the rest of the day, I'm gonna need more sleep."  Plus my body is ACHING from all the hard work I did yesterday.  Certainly some additional rest was warranted!

I meant to sleep for an hour, get up and go for a run, and get ready to go back to work.  However, my alarm didn't go off, and I ended up sleeping from 1:30-3:30, and then I REALLY didn't want to get up and go back to work.

But I did.  And I ate my chicken and salad at about 4:30pm.  It satisfied my hunger for about 15 minutes, so then at 5:15-ish, I was able to eat my turkey burger and broccoli.  But...I forgot (!!!) my black beans, which are my FAVORITE part of that meal, so I ate my asparagus with it.  Finally, at 7:30pm I ate my cod and green beans.  I guess I missed more calories than I thought.  But I did have more than a cup of green beans.  I ate almost a can of them.

So, now I'm hungry and it's 10pm and I need to go to bed.  But before I do that, I must say...

I just can't get over how my body is changing!  Today was a real eye opener.  As I was driving to work today, I looked down at my lap for some reason and was SHOCKED that I could see my zipper!  It was like, "Wow, my belly is REALLY shrinking!"  Also, as I look at my legs, it's clear that the fat is melting off of my thighs (in irregular shapes...thanks, thigh fat).   This is truly quite exciting!

Only today, I am REALLY hungry.  (Could have something to do with just completely screwing my meals up-hello!)  I am finding myself fighting cravings for a pudding cup or 10.  I wonder if it is just a natural consequence of eating a S'more on the weekend.  It was really tasty!  So I keep having to remind myself WHY I am doing this.  It's not for punishment, it's not for torture.  It's because seeing my belly muscles has been something I have wanted since I was a teenager, and this is the closest I've ever been to achieving it purposefully.  (There was a period of my life marked by heartbreak and extreme anxiety that I got really skinny...but that was because I couldn't eat and all I did was drink til I puked...NOT the way I want to do this!)

Anyway, so the bottom line for today is that I saw MAJOR changes in the positive direction for me today, so even though it was hard to fight through cravings, tomorrow will be easier.  Especially if I go to bed.  RIGHT NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment