Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Week Four, Day Three. Week Four is Awesome!

Hosted by a suddenly sleepy Miss Maybelle.
This happened when I snapped her picture.  She was wide awake, and then ZONK.  Out.


I'm loving Week Four.  I'm starting to get this rhythm down.  I finally know that my body responds really well to exercise immediately in the morning, before I eat.  I'm also finding that it's really difficult for me to eat 5 meals per day.

Today, my kitten screwed with my sleep...AGAIN.  This morning, she took a fancy to my eyelashes WHILE I WAS SLEEPING, and clawed my eyelid.  Oooooh, I was not happy!  I'm wondering if I will trap her in the bathroom tonight.  I really don't want to, just because she's so funny and I will have to wait until morning to see her, snuggle with her, play with her again.  However, if she pees on my bed again, it's nobody's fault but my own.  So...I don't know what I'll do.  It would be good to get uninterrupted sleep since I need to be up by 6/6:30am.

Anyway, this morning, I simply got up, showered, ate, packed my lunch, pottied the kitten, and went to work.  I managed to eat 4 meals today, starting at 9ish...Kitten woke me up again at 6am and I didn't go to bed until 11:30pm or so (I TRIED!  I just kept avoiding it with Facebook or texting or SOMETHING-maybe I just wasn't ready).  So, I went back to sleep until about 8:15am.  This wasn't the best idea, but at least it got me through my Amy Powell class later.

So, I ate my next two meals a little over three hours apart.  Then I went to the gym and took an Amy Powell class.  Man, it was a challenge.  It kind of triggered my little muscle cramp that I had in my quad a little bit.  I had to be careful about it.  I found myself off-balance and having a hard time.  Then again, the class is SUPPOSED to be hard.  That's why I go.

Oh, and because we do Plank Jacks.  What, you say you don't know what a Plank Jack is?  Let me show you.
Start here.
Then, with a little hop in your step (literally, hop both feet off the ground, in a bouncy kind of movement) while you draw left knee to right elbow.  Hold for a split second, bounce again as you put your left foot down, now bounce again as you draw right knee to left elbow.  Do these until you die.  At that point you should start doing reps on just one side, then the other.  Start with 8 reps on each side, then, 2 sets of 4 reps on each side, then 4 sets of 2 reps on each side.  Dead yet?  Those are plank jacks.  Jumping jacks in a plank.  Killer.

After class, I absolutely COULD NOT get home fast enough to see my kitty.  I worried that she hung herself on the shower curtain (if that's even possible), but really I just wanted to see how excited she gets when I come home.  I love this kitten.  And she's a nutty kitten.  Possibly narcoleptic.

Anyway, I ate my 4th and final meal, drank a cup of Herbal Unwind tea, watched an episode of Dexter, did my dishes, cleaned up SOME of my living mess, drank another cup of tea, played with kitty, and now, here I am.

I have to say, yesterday I noticed a huge change in my physique, and today, the trend is continuing.  If I can keep it up with the sleep, clean eating, regular meals, and early morning exercise, I will actually achieve my goal.  It's so amazing to see it happening.

I feel like I've been told a very coveted secret!  How to get and stay skinny.  Aren't there entire magazines devoted to this?  If I've learned ANYTHING, it's that diet matters the most, and little things count.  It counts WHEN you exercise, HOW you exercise, WHEN and HOW MUCH you sleep, WHEN and WHAT you eat, and finally, being motivated to say no to those urges of eating food that isn't on the clean list.

And now it's 10:36pm, so I must go to bed.  And what will I do with the kitten?

No comments:

Post a Comment