Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day One Down. I'm Hungry

I only have time for a very short post today to simply document my work.

One thing that will help me be successful is to get up early enough in the morning to eat breakfast at home and relax a little before I run into work.  Usually, my morning consist of rushing around and it's stress I don't want.

Today, I got up at 7:30am.  Whee!!!!  I ate exactly what I was supposed to eat, and even got to write a little bit before heading off to work.

I ate exactly what I was supposed to today, even though I spent most of the day hungry.  That salad didn't seem like it was any 753 calories.  (total calorie intake somewhere around 1473).

I went to the gym, and ran for 45 minutes for a total of 465 calories burned and 3.5 miles.  Just a note on that:  I really didn't want to.  I was hungry, not feeling particularly strong, and tired.  But I did it anyway.  IN FACT, I had to remind myself of WHY I am doing this in the first place.  One "Why" is that I want to feel and be successful at something difficult.  So, I was able to motivate myself to finish strong.  I ran the last two minutes faster than what was comfortable.  The last minute I ran at 7.0mph, telling myself to leave it all on the treadmill, and that I should be begging for the treadmill to stop at the end.  The previous minute I ran at 6.0mph.  Most of the time, though, I was at a 5.0 or a 5.2mph.

This was my mental state running at 7.0...
I am an ANIMAL!!!!  (hehe)


I also did some strength training (pushups, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, shoulder press) and some abs (plank, butt lifts, crunches...can't remember what else) and I documented it all on a sheet I can keep at the gym.  It was hard to get started.  I remember the thought, "I don't want to" kept creeping into my head.  It's funny, I just observed the fact that I didn't want to do it, reminded myself that I had very little time to put my day in, and just did it anyway.  I was pretty proud of that.

Now I'm done with work and I get to reward myself (tonight I think it will be writing), and then I need to be in bed by 10pm.

Day One Is Complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment