Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day...I'm Definitely New to This.

Here's a quick recap of my eating-at-Memorial-Day-Party-while-trying-to-lose-one-pound-per-week.

PLAN:


WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED:


For a longer explanation...

Trying to stay on plan, Linsey and I went to a park to exercise before the party started.  I ran two miles in the muggy hotness of some park.  I was overheating and quite likely dying.  Oh, AND I thought it was FOUR miles.  Damn.

We got back and relaxed with Linsey's family until everyone got there.  My plan was to choose portions wisely, and stop eating when I started to feel full.

Instead, I ate everything in sight.
Twice.

Well, I suppose that's not entirely true.  I only had:
  • one hamburger (no cheese; tried and failed to be careful with the ketchup, and I had a white bun)
  • pasta salad with cucumbers and green peppers (maybe 1/2 of a cup)
  • macaroni salad (maybe 1/2 cup of ohmygoddeliciousness)
  • big fat helping of a strawberry-pomegranate-almond salad with creamy poppyseed dressing
  • maybe 1/3 cup of baked beans with bacon and hamburger
  • handful of potato chips (maybe 10-15)
  • small slice of Linsey's dream pie (mostly fat-free Cool Whip, cream cheese, confectioners sugar, pie crust, and blueberries
  • two helpings of a flag cake that had pound cake, jello, strawberries, and the cream cheese, Cool Whip, and confectioners sugar mixture
For breakfast I had:
  • three scrambled eggs, cooked in 40 cals of oil, 
  • two slices toast with 1T peanut butter
  • one cup coffee with barely any creamer (because it ran out).

That is all.

Will do much better tomorrow.  Planning my meals now.

Breakfast(7:30am): 470 calories
  • (160 calories)2 Eggs.  Do I have the whole egg or just the whites?  We'll do whole egg this time.
  • (60) for 1/2 T of oil
  • (130)1 slice whole wheat toast 
  • (100) with 1T peanut butter.
  • (20) coffee with 1/4 cup coconut milk
Mid-day snack(1pm): 251 calories
  • (80) One gala apple
  • (171) 1/4 cup pistachios
Lunch/Dinner (will eat this when I get back from the gym around 3:30/4pm. Will try to save some for a snack later on as I won't leave work until 9:30pm):  753 calories
  • (753) Strawberry-cranberry-almond salad with feta cheese and honey mustard dressing (I broke it down below because I was ASTOUNDED that a salad could have that many calories).
    • (20)Spinach/Spring Mix
    • (288) Dressing (add the following together and divide by 4 to get 288cal)
      • (60) 4T Balsamic Viniagrette
      • (120) 2T Honey
      • (10) 2t mustard
      • (0) 1/4 pepper
      • (960) 1/2 cup canola oil
    • (130) 1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
    • (49) 1 cup strawberries
    • (96) slightly more than 1/4 cup Feta cheese
    • (170) 1/4 cup almond slices
Total caloric intake for the day = 1474 (which is 34 calories above my BMR.  This was so much work that I'm ok with that discrepancy).

Wow.  That just took up my entire night.  It is now 1:00am and I can only hope and pray that 7:30am won't come too early after the day I just had.

On the incredibly positive side, I now have 4 prepared salads, and an idea of what I can eat for the week.  Yay!

On another note, I now COMPLETELY understand why I haven't lost any significant amounts of weight lately.  TOTALLY MAKES SENSE NOW!  I was planning on having a "dinner" in here that would have probably been another (wait, I'll do the calculations) 565 calories, kicking me up to 2039 calories on a diet.  Yeah.  Probably not gonna lose weight too fast doing that.

Ok, I'm finally, finally prepared for tomorrow.
My weight chart, calendar, and goal sheet are up on the wall where I weigh myself. (For the record, I get stickers for 1) making an hour of "me time" before I go to work in the morning. 2) Following my meal plan. 3) Following my workout plan.  4) Being in bed by 10pm.  My list of what to take to work for food is complete.  My blog is written.

And, this officially starts tomorrow May 31.  We'll see how this goes.  I'm actually kind of excited.  I feel like I really figured something out by planning my meal and finding out exactly how many calories I am going to eat...all of stuff I love. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment