Wednesday, January 22, 2014

1/22/2014

I learned another AWESOME LESSON about not telling people about my goal. I would USE "my goal" to explain why I can't/won't do certain things that people ask me to do. But now that tool is taken away because I can't say: "sorry, I really want to go to your party because it will hurt my goal."  Nope. Now I have to say no and not really explain. And deal with the consequences. 

AND IT IS AWESOME. 

I discovered that all along, while I was doing that, I was desperately hoping that the other person would VALUE MY GOAL enough to let me off the hook. But NOW, I have to VALUE MY OWN GOAL enough to make decisions that serve it WITHOUT getting approval from other people. 

And you know, it's not that much harder, but it is SO MUCH BETTER. I really feel like this thing is MINE. Nobody else can make or break this for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment