Tuesday, January 14, 2014

1/13/2014

I had a very well-disciplined day today. I ate my meals practically on time. 
That's all fine and great, but I STILL haven't sat down and counted calories to make a plan. That's important because I find that when I don't have concrete, measurable goals, I find it's ok to have a bowl of cereal at 7:30pm because there are not clear indicators of whether that is going to derail my efforts or not. 
I've been struggling with if I should eat clean or if I should simply stay in my calorie range while still allowing myself treats. That's something that Lean Bodies Consulting does. They allow for a post-workout treat. 
I have been allowing for two or three treats during the day and I'm not measuring if it's making any change. 
So I'm thinking I need to bring it down to ONE treat, once a day. 
Then I can start really measuring whether or not I'm making progress. 
Chances are, right now I'm not. 
I do need to celebrate that yesterday after work I REALLY wanted something that would hurt my goals. I wanted Chick-Fil-A or a soup from Wegmans. However, I made the decision to drive home and have chicken with salad and a sweet potato. It worked! It did the trick. 
Now I can build on that success!

No comments:

Post a Comment