Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day Four!

Today was the Fourth of July and I was trying to figure out how to balance my plan-or follow my plan-without feeling like a weirdo at BBQs or feeling deprived. 
I read a great motivational blurb today that really said: choosing to follow your plan should not feel victimizing. It should feel like YOU are in control, and YOU are making choices. Because ultimately, this is YOUR GOAL. 
I was trying to decide between following my plan P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y or indulging a little bit to feel like I'm folding this into a lifestyle. As it turned out, I slept late, ate late, got to the gym late, and was STILL wiped out, so I took a nap...and my whole day was "off". But I didn't let that drag me down into a free for all. I had sensible food...and a few less-than-sensible items. 
I did go to Wegmans after the BBQ and thought about indulging some more. But then I remembered that the reason I fall short of my goal is because of moments like this. 
So instead, I got what I needed and came home. I promptly took a shot of apple cider vinegar to cleanse the sugar out of my system, and got right back into my routine. So now it's 11:23pm and I'm late to bed. Thank god tomorrow is Friday. I'm learning I get up later and later as the week goes on. Need to find a way to remedy that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment