Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 35. My first real struggle.

So, for the first time today, I really had a day where my mood was just CRAP. I was tired, probably from doing so much and then going to bed late. I just couldn't get pumped. I even drank my SuperPump. Nothing. I just had a general feeling of apathy. I didn't want to work too hard. I almost wonder if it was because I ate those chips RIGHT before bed.
I don't know that I owned that last night. I just was not feeling energetic.
I got through my pops on the stairmill. Everything was off. I was starting to feel weakness/pulling/pain in my knee joint.
Then I switched to the treadmill. My favorite treadmills were full. I got on one I wasn't used to and it was all screwy. I got irritated and started smacking the treadmill...lol. And swearing under my breath, and in general acting like a big baby.
Then I didn't even feel like stretching. Im going to regret that. I ate, showered, and got ready without my usual anticipation for the day. I felt a lot more tired than usual. I thought about taking time off work.
Anyway, around 3pm, I was running errands for work, and I was kinda sorta near Wegman's. I convinced myself that I just cannot make it through the day without their rotisserie chicken noodle soup. So I drove to Wegman's. But I managed to turn around and drive out because made a deal with myself that I wouldn't do my second workout. That I just couldn't.
Just then, because she's psychic, Amy texted me to tell me, in so many words, that a gym member noticed how hard I work out and that I'm tough!!!!!
Full confession, my inner critic told me not to believe that, but it just didn't have that much power. But I DIDN'T EVEN CARE! No matter how it came to me, I really needed to hear it. I full-out blushed in my car, like hot-faced, I was so embarrassed ? I don't know why, I liked the compliment and yet I had a physical reaction of embarrassment? Maybe because my actions and beliefs had gone so far from reality, as I was about to sabotage my plan? I can't explain it.
All I can say is that a switch was flipped, inner critic be damned. I was back on my game baby!!!! I went home, ate my appropriate meal (kind of, I had waited too long to eat so I added butter and a protein shake), and then I made it to Kerry's class. Then, one of the women I work out with regularly told me that my "slump" post on FB totally spoke to her and helped her get to class. :) :) :)
AND I got to see Amy on my way out of the gym in MUCH higher spirits. I learned that it is TRULY when you least feel like following your plan---that is when you MUST. It broke my bad mood.
What a happy ending to a day that started out pretty rough. Good night!!!
Hosted by Maybelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment