Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 34. Cheat!

I had a good day today. It started with sleeping for about 11 hours, so that was pretty awesome!
Then I weighed and measured myself and tried on my jeans. I was THRILLED to see that I could actually WEAR the pair of jeans I bought sometime last year!!! I got around, did some reading and then finally made it to the gym by 12pm. 4 hours after I got up.
Whatever. I got it done. I had a leg workout that took me an entire hour and a half to do. At first, I got really annoyed at how long it was taking--some of the exercises you do one leg at a time, so it takes twice as long, and I frequently add sets because I want to be sure I fatigue the muscle, and finally, I am really trying to build my calves, and those take 3 times as long because I do them in 3 different positions. But then I decided to be grateful that I HAD THE TIME. I easily could have gotten caught up with a shift at Green Bowl or something, but I didn't. I had the time and I used it toward my goal. That's good!

At 3pm, I finally cheated. At Wegman's. I did alright at first. I had 4 BBQ chicken wings (ZOMG SO GOOD) a mozzarella stick, a little Mac and cheese and some scalloped potatoes With a diet Pepsi and a Wegmans chocolate chip cookie.
But then I left to go to the mall. Once I got there, I decided that I would like a piece of pizza around 5pm.

Then I went to Barnes and Noble to browse, and on my way home, decided that this cheat day would not be complete without some potato chips. So I stopped at a unimart and bought a small bag of lays original and a small bag of Cheetos. I ate both. Except I left some of the chips. It was more stress eating than cheat eating.

The reason I've been so successful this time is because I've been able to follow the rules on the cheat meal. Last week I slipped a LITTLE, and this week, I slipped more. So, next Sunday, I will start my day with the intention of cheating with a purpose and a plan, and stop the runaway train business.
Pops in the morning! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment