Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's Day 7! One week complete!

I've finished with one week, and I can tell you:  I am transforming!  I entered two transformation contests that are both 12 weeks long.  My focus is on my body and my life's work, but my biggest transformation this week was learning to silence my inner critic.  It has been incredible. 
I pretty much notice that if I am in fear, my inner critic has shown up (I've written this before, haven't I?), except now, I'm able to recognize it and refocus.
Case in point.  I was afraid of the Phase 3 workouts in Jamie Eason's plan because it involved lifting for a set, and then doing active rests (jumping rope or something) in between.  In particular, there was a set of exercises where you are supposed to do walking lunges with a barbell (and weights loaded, of course) for ten steps up and back, and then do 10 long jumps up and back.  I thought, "No way am I doing that.  I will look so freaking stupid, and uncoordinated, and I'll be in people's way."  So, I decided to ask Amy about it, and got some advice from her (do it downstairs in the exercise room when there isn't class!  DUH!).  Anyway, so I did two-thirds of this super tough workout today, and not only did not feel stupid, I felt INCREDIBLY ATHLETIC!  I felt like a fitness instructor, just because I was doing something challenging and different.

I had a cheat meal today.  I'm trying not to cling to them too much. 

As you can see, I went to Waffle Shop.  That is a cheese omelet with two pancakes, home fries, and an orange juice.  I am really feeling like a champion with this because I ALWAYS get coffee at Waffle Shop, I mean, it's JUST WHAT YOU DO!  But I've stopped drinking coffee after my first coffee of the day, and I figured, why break that habit?  If you want a treat, have an OJ instead.  No caffeine, no disrupted sleep.
Speaking of sleep, I've got to get there.  It's 10:15pm and 5am comes early.
Tomorrow I'm doing pops in the morning and Kerry's class at 5:30pm to maximize the fat burn from this cheat meal!  I'm also quite proud to say that my glutes and hamstrings are sore, so I am building muscle there! And tri's.  That all makes me very happy.  Onward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment