Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 27. I'm beat.

I've been trying to watch an episode of Breaking Bad since 5pm today.  However, I had things that needed to be done.  I absolutely needed to get my food prepped for the week.  That's non-negotiable.  That goes before SLEEP and certainly before watching a tv show.  But then, I realized I needed to order more protein shake and glutamine, and then I realized I needed to track a couple of workouts and it wouldn't hurt me to write out a couple of workouts either.  Oh, and I needed to pack my bags for tomorrow---the gym AND work...and blah.  Here I am.  8:25pm, realizing I ALSO need to write my blog.
In good news, I had my cheat meal and it was finally one that the timing felt right about.  For the first three or four weeks, I couldn't figure it out, but any day that WASN'T my cheat meal day, I really wanted to cheat.  Well.  That's not true.  I would fantasize about cheating on those days, but it was absolutely not an option.  Then, on the day that my cheat meal came around, I wasn't interested.
Today, I may have overdone it.  Or maybe I did it just right.  We'll find out.  Either way, I'm finding that one meal, and one day even, isn't going to make or break this plan.

First, in the morning, I ate five egg whites even before my coffee because I woke up so damned hungry!!!  Then, I did my writing, and in the middle of writing, got the craziest urge to purge all the things in my room and closet that I am hanging onto that I don't really need.  That felt really good.  Unfortunately, I can't find the place to throw my bags of clothes into the donation box.  So I have 3 bags of clothes sitting in the backseat of my car.

Oh well.  At least they're not in the closet.  Worst case scenario, I'll throw them away.  I went to the gym feeling impatient about my workout because I was doing laundry at the same time.  I really don't like doing laundry AT ALL.  The only pleasant way I've found to do laundry is if I can watch an episode of something while it washes and dries.  I hate everything about laundry.  I hate sorting, I hate moving wet clothes, I don't hate folding, but I do wish it would put itself away.  So.  Going to the gym isn't the cure yet.  But, as I know, do something often enough and you will start to look forward to it.  So.  At the gym, I just kind of played around.  I wanted to be able to do "active rests" when Phase 3 rolls around.  The workouts look involved and like you do weird exercises, but I'm finding that's not really the case.  The weirdest exercise is doing a long jump 10 times in a row.  As long as I go when the downstairs classroom is empty I can use that space.  I can even do walking lunges down there.

Anyway, I had a crazy busy weekend, and I need my rest.  So, I'm done here.  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment