Friday, July 13, 2012

Week 8, Day 5. These weeks just get away from me!

I managed to keep it together today and I'm so glad because I officially have 28 days left before I'll be poolside.

I slept from 7:45pm to 3am, then 4:45am to 8:45am, hitting the snooze from 6am on. Yeah. I should have done ANYTHING other than sleep for 4 min intervals for 3 hours, but that's what I did.

I skipped breakfast. I had very little choice since I got up so late. At 11:30am I had chicken, a salad, and a piece of bread with butter.  At 3pm I had chicken and kale fried in coconut oil. Awesome. So crunchy!

At 6:30pm I had eggs with peanut butter. I probably could have just had the eggs and would have enjoyed it more.

Then I got groceries and FINALLY got to the gym by 8:20pm. I did pops...5 on the treadmill (30 secs on 9.5mph at 3.0 incline) and 5 on the stairmill (30 secs at 11...except for the last one, which I did on 12...cause I freaking rock). Then I wanted to do SOME lifting just to try to build muscle. First, I did two sets of pullups, although I needed a breather! In between the pullups, I did dips, but I probably shouldn't have stood on the bar that negates your weight. It was too easy.

Then I did squats with 40 lbs. I did 19 full reps, then 8 pulses, which killed. I did another set but only made it to 11, and did another set of pulses.

I thought about doing something else. But that's as far as I got. I was done.

I caught a sideview of my tricep and shoulder, and I'm really starting to firm up! Very exciting!

It is past my bedtime. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment