Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Week 6, Day 3. Great day today!

Well, I responded really well, is what I SHOULD say. I got pretty interrupted sleep last night, so around 2pm today I wanted nothing more than a bottle of wine, a couch, and bad tv.  All to myself.

I kept wondering how I could get those things without hurting my goal of seeing my belly muscles.

No magic here. I just waited it out. If I had a kale shake, I would have drank it, but I didn't. So I ate my meal on time. Chicken and vegetables.

Both the food I ate and the choice to eat it (instead of Dunkin Donuts) made me feel better emotionally and physically. But I STILL had a workout class I wanted to attend. I get a lot out of group workouts and tonight Kerry taught because Any was out of town.

After eating well AND working out when I would have rather collapsed and drank my face off, I'm feeling pretty good!

Tomorrow's my birthday, but I'm not really celebrating until after I get back from Harrisburg on Friday. My cheat day/meal will be on Sunday this week, I think.

Anyway. Bed time.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Bets!

    Your posts are so positive lately, I hope this trend continues for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really turned a corner that one day that I decided to call Amy for support instead of what I wanted: Turn off my brain until I was done eating Chick-fil-a. It's such a temptation.

    I'm actually in a place right now that this goal seems easy. Ok, maybe not easy, but achievable beyond a shadow of a doubt.

    A big part of that was STOPPING with the scale. (Gotta thank Amy for letting me do it for as long as I did, otherwise I probably would've just done it in secret. She knows what she's talking about!!!)

    ReplyDelete