Saturday, June 9, 2012

Week 4, Day 6. I needed a time out.

This week has been so full and stressful. From Wednesday on, I was just absolutely toasted. I had moment today that helped me take a break. You've all had these moments.

I was dumping rice from a table I just cleared into the sink, instead of the garbage can...which was right next to me.  The dishwasher guy (who I love, funny as hell) tried to stop me. Once, by offering to take the dishes out of my hand-of course I just ignored him, thinking "I can do this for him, I'm not a lazy server." Ha! Then he tried to catch the rice as I was dumping it into the sink, to do some damage control. It all happened quickly and non-verbally...probably because the dish guy was in worse shape than I was. I don't know what snapped me out of the trance I was in, but when I did, I felt like I had been sleep-walking. I thought, "Wow, Betsy. Is this enough  to convince you to take a break???"

The rest of the day at work was miserable, of course, because I was functioning at a very low level. No WONDER I couldn't eat well! I really needed some restorative care!

Did I say how much the rest of the day sucked? I have really been out of balance lately. I'm doing too much. I'm not doing enough self-care.

I was reminded today if how great I felt when I got down to 127lbs.

I just need to pull on the many MANY things I've learned in the past year and get back on track.

The most important thing is to remove barriers and do this on clockwork fashion. I must set aside some time tomorrow to cook my food for the week.

Then, every three hours, I'll eat. I'll make sure I drink enough water. I'll work out before breakfast. It's GOT to become a priority again.

Right now, sleep is a priority. That's the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment