Thursday, May 31, 2012

Week 3, Day 4. Confession. No. Confessions.

Well.  It's safe to say I fell off my plan.

I had a BLAST at the Nature Inn at Bald Eagle State Park.  It was hot and humid, so I sat on my deck and relaxed.  I watched a deer for a while.

I also drank beer.  3 of them.  I talked to my brother, I made s'mores.  I tried to take a feral cat home with me.  I thought better of it, though.

The following day, I felt I had been cheated out of my cheat day (I didn't intend to cheat, but I was unprepared for the food options), so I went to Waffle Shop.  Then, later, Chick-fil-a. 

I also skimped on sleep one night because I had a presentation to give and I needed to prepare myself for it so that I could do a great job.  I did do a great job, but the lack of sleep hurt my determination to eat well. 

I made it to Amy's class on Wednesday, and I KILLED IT!  I couldn't believe that I was so tired and yet performing really well!  It gave me a new sense of what my body is capable of.  It didn't hurt that I got lots of encouragement from Amy. :)

Then I went to a friend's place for an art class, which was AWESOME!!!  And, she had coconut margaritas.  I resisted for a half-hour, but then (I blame sleep deprivation.  I would never last as a parent.) I ended up having one.  And some wine.  And later a beer.  And even later, three slices of pizza.

So.  Today was a new day.  I started it off not so great.  Woke up exhausted, no time to cook.  So I ate a breakfast special from Irving's.  Double Egg!  Then the day just went so fast!  I ended up trying to make good choices at Wegman's. 

I did manage to make myself a chicken ceasar salad with romaine and spinach.  However, I also bought a slice of pizza, a chocolate chip cookie, and I bought a mocha frappuccino at Starbucks. 

I think I'm ready for some food that is fuel and that helps me stay even.  I've just got to get the ball rolling.  You can see I even fell off the blogging wagon.  Although I did type up a blog last night whilst under the influence.  By some small miracle, it failed to publish.  Lucky me!

So.  The first step is self-care.  Getting to bed at a decent hour.  That is my next goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment