Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Week 3, Day 3. I did great today!

It's 9:30pm and I MUST go to bed soon!  I'll write a quick blog.

The only cheating I did today was that for my fat for meal#2, I had roasted salted almonds instead of raw cashews. They are JUST SO GOOD!

I feel like I got a lot done today. I bought some groceries, cooked some chicken, went toAmy's class (which was so kickass I'm gonna sleep like I'm dead tonight) and hung out with a friend I really truly appreciate more every time I see her. How is that possible???

AND, I also got to talk to Amy after class. I'm learning a lot about leadership from her. Something about the way she is/interacts with me makes me want to work so hard for it. I've definitely learned to focus on the positive...everybody knows that, but Amy takes it to a whole new level, and I think it really changes the way your brain works. Sometimes she just says things that turn a bad run completely around, but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Anyway, I didn't have any temptations today. Well except the almonds, haha. But my stress level was low, my energy level was high, and I feel like my path is unfolding in front of me in all areas of my life.  My job is to enjoy the ride. And work like hell.  But first, enjoy the ride, take in the scenery and look long over the horizon of where I am heading...gotta make sure the destination looks great. Then I can work like hell to get there. :)

Tomorrow is my FIRST HORSEBACK RIDING LESSON IN OVER 10 YEARS!!!  I am so excited! If I hadn't had Amy's class, I'm not sure I would sleep tonight. Hmmmm. My jeans are dirty...i don't have a solution for that.

Anyway, that's all for today. Oh, but I forgot that after my cheat day, I weighed 136.6 or something. Not terrible for the cheat day I had! And today I weighed in at 134.6, so that made me SUPER HAPPY!

I am also REALLY looking forward to spending the night at the Nature Inn. The only thing I haven't figured out is that I want to have the whole experience...dinner and wine the night I sleep over, coffee and french toast for breakfast in the morning. I've got to talk to Amy about how to manage that. I want it to be a 2-day vacation, but I kind of wonder if that's Betsy-who-doesn't-know-how to-be-skinny talking.

It may very well be that I will be on a roll of losing weight when I get there and letting my food choices relax for two days might be a terrible thing to do WHILE I'm trying to lose weight. And, is it possible that my time will be just as enjoyable with egg whites in the morning? Ok, that's hard for me to believe...egg whites versus french toast?

But I'll work it out. It may be that I'm not ready or willing to have a 2-day vacation and eat clean on one of those days. It may also be that I'm ready to s-t-r-e-t-c-h myself and have a different experience of what "vacation" means. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment