Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 6! I can hardly believe it!

It's 9:14pm, and I'm so tired I'm in bed already.
I thought about doing something like going to a movie, but I'm sure I would fall asleep during it.
Anyway, I had A VERY GOOD DAY today!
It started out that I woke up unexpectedly at 6:20am, and decided that if I got up then, I could write my morning pages AND still have time for a run.
So I did. It took me about a half hour to write my morning pages, and then I went out for an easy run.

Once I was out running (it was a brilliant morning), I realized I felt really good. I also saw a double-pileated woodpecker--beautiful!

Anyway, I made the realization that I was actually working out BEFORE breakfast(which I've been trying to do all week, but I kept getting up too late) and that I should take advantage of that and do some intervals. So I did! I figured I had time for 10. 

Afterward, my legs felt like jelly, so I knew I'd done something right!  I didn't have a watch or a gymboss, so I had to guesstimate 15-30 seconds. I think I did alright.

Anyway, I had my breakfast and went to work, where I realized I had grabbed an old apple. So my fruit choices were now grapes, watermelon, or pineapple. I chose grapes because it seemed like the most "normal" fruit. I did the best I could.

Then for lunch, I was so proud of myself. I used less sesame oil. I should try to use none, but it's so good when I cook things like  cabbage and spinach and squash in it!

For dinner, I had my organic chicken and again, vegetables cooked with sesame oil. I TRIED to use less than last time...I guess I'm not there yet.  Then I also had almonds...I'm hooked on them for some reason lately.

To be honest, I had WAY too many almonds today. I ate most of a whole tub that had 9 servings in it.

And, never did I ever think I would find myself saying, "I ate way too many almonds today."  Weird.

But it's the end of the day, and SO MANY of my muscles hurt! My shoulders and chest, my back, my hamstrings, my psoas muscle, my calves, my shins...i should be building some muscle. 

Tomorrow I get a cheat meal that I am very much looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment