Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Week 23, Day 2!

Yesterday was such a good day that I wish I had taken the time to blog about it!

Today was good  but not as good.
I woke up at 8am, before my alarm, but I wanted nothing more than to lay in my bed some more.

So I screwed around. I tried to squirm out of doing ANYTHING. I was so unhappy about the thought of getting out of bed for ANY reason that I ultimately decided, "Hey, if it's this bad, and I don't have anywhere to be until 11am, what's the harm in getting some rest?"

But, as soon as I made that decision, I couldn't let go of the guilt that if I didn't work out NOW I wasn't going to be able to work out at all. Plus, I was supposed to pick up my whiteboard, and I'd have to eat breakfast and shower and get all of my meals around for the day...and I simply would not let myself rest, but I also still did not want to get out of bed.

Eventually, I remembered that Amy had taught me a technique for starting on track that I consistently forget. Visualization.

I realized that and started thinking about how I wanted to look. Then I started acknowledging how every day, consistency counts.

I was finally motivated to get out of bed. I pushed my meeting back to 12 (which was a MUCH better idea), and headed downstairs for breakfast.

I got around for the gym and headed out the door. First, I needed to pick up my whiteboard, then go to the gym, then shower, pack my meals and go to work.

Well.

I didn't give myself enough time. By the time I got to the gym, it was 11am. I literally got on an elliptical for 5 minutes and got off to go home.

But that was ok. At least I conquered that part of me that didn't feel like it.

The more practice I get at out-maneuvering the "I don't feel like it" feeling, the more successful I will become.

I did have a cup of coffee today (at 12pm), and I ate clean EXCEPT for at night I got really tired and really hungry, and stressed as well, so I drank a diet pepsi, and I ate a 100 cal granola bar. At 8pm.

That's not good, but there's more to the story. I ate at 9:30am, 1:30pm, and 5:00pm.  So, I wasn't eating enough. I didn't think I could eat  another meal because it would be too late.

After work (9pm) I got the most raging craving for a chicken sandwich from Sheetz with mayo and cheese and italian dressing. I didn't know how I was going to avoid it. I didn't seem to have any self-discipline left.

Then, all of a sudden, it occurred to me that I would have to blog about it. And I would have to tell Amy. And Amy and I both know I am fully capable of overcoming the craving and making the decisionthat is in line with my goal: go home and go to bed. Do not pass GO, do not collect a chicken sandwich.

So, that's what I did. I came home.

I reposted my motto  "I work out like a m*****f*****!" on my wall to help me keep my goal in perspective.

I drafted a morning routine (I need to feel some kind of regularity in my life) and tomorrow will be my first day of it.

So, now it's 12am and I am up 2 hours later than I planned to be. Tomorrow I will get in bed on time.

And I'm posting this picture for help with refocusing... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment