Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 25, Day 2. Could have had a better day.

I did not get enough sleep last night. I knew that would mean that I would have cravings (has to do with hormones that are affected by your sleep), but I thought I was prepared to deal with them.

I did great all day until 5pm. Even at 2pm, when I was having a major craving because it had been too long since I ate last, I stopped at Sheetz to get two hard-boiled eggs. Then I also picked up my food for my (oops) 3rd meal and ate it before the work function I attended that was intended to be a snack-y/desert-y affair. Think carb heaven.

But by 5pm, I was so exhausted, I didn't have much fight left. I first snuck a pretzel bite when my very supportive  coworkers were not looking.

After that, I grazed. Terrible, I know. No real way to know how much damage I did. But I tried never to stuff myself, and I succeeded at that. I don't think it was all that terrible, and now that I realize that I only ate 3 of my 5 meals, it makes sense why I was so helpless in the face of all that food.  I know I had 2 mini cupcakes, some dorito-like chips (15?), maybe 15 pretzel bites, a tiny brownie, a scoop of hummus on a pepper stick, I don't remember what else.

I also decided not to go to the gym because I was so tired that I just needed to get some rest.

I am not sure that that was the best idea, but maybe the next time I am that tired, I will push through and get my workout done anyway.

Tomorrow, I have to be up early for work again so I'll get a workout in after the school programs and before social hour gets started. I am admitting right now that I plan on having one glass of red wine. Now that I'm being honest about it, hopefully I won't decide that it would be fine to have a second glass.

I am very much looking forward to tomorrow, but I also want to get past it, because I can't work out before work, and I'll be having wine, which I know will set me back, but I also know I will have a glass of wine. Saying I won't will only make me more likely to have more than one.

Alright, I'm falling asleep as I write this, sorry it's so boring, and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment