Thursday, June 16, 2011

Week Three, Day Four. I'm pooped and hungry.

Short post today.  I hope.

I had an awesome day.  I followed my plan very closely after talking with Amy about what the basic rules and benefits are.  I can't believe how fast the days go by if I just let them.  Tonight, when I was talking to a coworker, it occurred to me that tomorrow is Friday, and I get to measure again in just a few short days.  Feels like I just did it!  So if I just let the days fly by, and let the cravings fly by, all will be well.

Speaking of cravings, today, I had a rough time of it.  I was SO hungry today for lunch...because I timed my drive to work poorly, and then things got in the way of when I was supposed to eat, so I probably ate 1/2 hour to an hour late for lunch.  But, what do I see when I go down into the kitchen?  PILES AND PILES of deli sandwiches and potato chips.  Oh, and pasta salad.



Now, yesterday, there were donuts in the office.  I refused to let that bother me.  But today...I must really be getting into the stage where my brain ruts are saying, "OK!  Enough!  We've played your little game, now let's go back to the way we USED to do things!"  I guess that's why this stage is rough.  Then I played out what it would be like to eat the sandwich and the potato chips.  It's a very temporary feeling of eating something delicious.  That's all.  Except I wouldn't stop at one sandwich or a few chips.  Then I might (re: without a doubt) overload on sugar and feel TERRIBLE.  Not to mention that I would be off my track.

It was difficult to be around that much food, but I just didn't go for it.  I caught a whiff of the salty potato chips.  Then I remembered that sodium carries 50x its weight in water...or so I heard.  Anyway, I made it through.

Oh, I forgot to state the beginning of my day.  I was so happy with myself because I actually got up at 6:15am and went for a run!  I only ran for about a half-hour because I needed to eat and then meet Paula for our interval run.  I was SO PROUD of myself for finally getting up and running before I had to eat!  I haven't done that in SO LONG and it was all because Amy really stoked my fire that if I can run before I eat...actually I don't remember what she said.  I just know it sounded like a GREAT idea to start my day off with a run.  So I did.  With TWO runs, actually!

Great start to my day.  I had a productive morning too!  I actually avoided some anxiety-induced internet surfing to complete the thing that was giving me anxiety (WIN!), and had a productive day in general.  I ate my meals mostly on time, and the only thing I forgot was my yam (so sad about that!  I love my yam!) so I ate extra broccoli instead.

Anyway, I'm absolutely exhausted and feeling like today is a win as long as I can get to bed on time.  Seeing that it's 10:09pm, I'm nine minutes behind schedule!  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment