Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Week Five, Day Three...I'm SO Back!

Short post tonight because I got Season 3 (?) of True Blood in the mail and totally plan on watching at least one episode before I go to bed.

First off, waking up today after being able to indulge a little bit on my birthday was AWESOME.  I felt like I could take on the world.  Getting back on my plan (I've been struggling lately) did NOT seem so insurmountable after all.

Wait, I need to back up a second.  Before I went to bed last night, I drank over an ounce of this stuff.
It was absolutely so terrible I almost couldn't believe it myself.  I would have sooner done a shot of whiskey spiked with tobasco sauce mixed with tequila and tomato juice.  That would have been light years easier to drink.

The sensation of drinking this was:  "Oh my god Oh my god, no don't stop drinking it, if you stop, you'll never finish it!  It's burning!  Is it supposed to burn this much?  Is this looking for ulcers????  WATER!  WATER!  COLD WATER, OH MY GOD!!!  WHY IS IT STILL BURNING!  Oh my god.  I'm gonna throw up.  This is really upsetting my belly.  I can't lay down, I think I'll throw right up.  MORE WATER!  Why isn't this water DOING ANYTHING?!?!?"

Then I got used to the burning sensation and decided to risk laying down.  It literally felt like I had just been throwing up...the way that acid feels in your belly and throat.  Oh.  It was bad.

But I felt like such a badass for making it through!  Because of the burning sensation, I wonder if what the vinegar does is go through your system to clean out traces of sugar so that you don't crave it the next day.  Cause I can sure as hell tell you, I was so surprised to find myself NOT needing sugar anymore today.  I was so happy too be back on my diet.

Ok.  So that was the long-winded part of my day since my last post.

The short of it is, I only got 5 hours of sleep (work and food prep), but I made it to the gym by 6:45am, did my bear runs on the elliptical...maybe 11.  Definitely 10.  Spent 40/45 min altogether on it.  I needed to make sure I really warmed up.  And, NO CRAMPING!  But, I think that's because I had the incline on 14-it wasn't targeting my quads.  I also had the resistance on 8-as advised by Amy (10-14 on incline, 5-9 on resistance).  GO ME!

I got back home just in time to make my breakfast and do the absolute minimum to get ready for work...I had to do a training, so it was important that I looked presentable.  Then, I got on with my day.  I ate all my meals on schedule.

The only thing I did a little funny today was that I was just being lazy and decided to eat a whole yam at lunch instead of half, because half would have been less than 4oz and I wanted a clean split.  I didn't want 2oz of yam hanging around that I couldn't do anything with.  I don't know why I had this reaction.  If it bothered me so much I could have just thrown it away.  AH.  But that's it.  I love my yams.  Maybe it was just an excuse to get to eat more.

Anyway, so since I did that, I decided to save the rice cake and peanut butter for meal #4, but then I skipped the avocado...and actually that was the last meal I ate, since I had every intention of being in bed by now.

I don't know.

I got my laundry done, and I bought some Tulsi caffeine free organic fair trade tea.  Wheee!  I got the original that Amy gave me because I love it, and since they were on special, I also got a Red Chai Masala.  I looked at the ingredients, but couldn't see anything that would be a problem.  I'm really loving my tea these days.  It's totally a treat.

I had two cups of the Yerba Mate this morning-one chocolate and one mint (only because I got so little sleep and I had a presentation!  I promise myself I will not make that a habit).  But my god, they are yummy.

And tonight, I'm on my second cup of Tulsi tea.  I couldn't pass up trying the Red Chai Masala, but yet, I still wanted a cup of the original.

So.  Now I'm going to watch some True Blood and get my butt to bed.

I don't have to work until 1pm tomorrow...so, what's my plan?  Sleep until I'm not tired?  Somehow I don't think that would be the best idea.

Here's my plan: Go to bed at 10pm.
Get up at 7am.  Go for a run.  Come back, use my Gymboss to do a series of lunges, squats, and some pushups and abwork, maybe some arms.  Eat breakfast at 8am.  Carry on with my day from there.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment