Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week Five, Day Four...made some mistakes today...

So, I'm glad that today is over because I get a brand new chance tomorrow.

First, I didn't get to bed until 11pm AGAIN.  Second, I didn't get OUT of bed until 9am, although I was woken up several times between 6:30 and 9:00 because:  I had to pee, cat wanted food, cat climbing on me, woke up in sheer panic that I missed something.  Alarm started going off at 7:55am, and I hit snooze until 8:21am.  At that point, kitty was all up in my face, and I was so distracted with her that I never went back to sleep.

I still did manage to go on a 37min jog before breakfast. 

I'm finding that I am SUPER HUNGRY for breakfast these days.  Before, I couldn't finish my banana and wanted to cut it out of my diet.  Now, I'm eating the banana AND the blueberries for breakfast.  I did well with my second meal.  Ate just what I was supposed to three hours after my first meal.

However.  For my third meal (and I knew I would have to squeeze them in because I didn't start eating until 10:15am), I thought I would make sure I got more protein.  I was concerned that my chicken breast was slightly smaller than it should be, so I decided to eat my turkey burger at the same time.

This was a clear mistake.

Oh, and I started taking Metamucil.  You would too, if you're not used to eating this way!  I think I'm abusing the privilege, because I like to eat it like pudding.  It's pretty tasty, and actually makes me feel like I'm eating a dessert, but today, when I had it with my third meal at 4:30pm, I really overdid it. I think I ended up putting three teaspoons in one glass just to make it thicker.

The problem is that it's like eating another thing for a meal.

So, after my third meal, I totally crashed.  I had my salad, chicken, turkey, yam, and rice cake with peanut butter.  AND, I don't know if I'm feeling deprived, or what, but I just couldn't stop myself from having another tablespoon of peanut butter. 

For some reason, in the moment, I couldn't/didn't think "Just let the moment pass/This is your brain trying to avoid changing patterns/We are eating like this for a reason."

No.  All I could think was, "Eat the peanut butter, or you will binge on the chocolate you bought for class tonight."

I'm wondering if I'm feeling deprived.  Well.  Time will tell.

Anyway, I was in such a slump for class, and never got hungry for my 4th meal.

So, I'm sure that I shut my metabolism WAY down from having those two proteins at meal #3.  Won't do that again!

And now, I'm going to relax, watch an episode of True Blood, drink some more tea (4th cup today...another reason I think I'm feeling deprived...one was caffeinated, this morning...the rest was to stave off my chocolate urges), and GO TO BED!

Tomorrow is a brand new day.  Hopefully I'll get up in time for a little run/jog, and to eat breakfast by 7/7:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment