Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 43. Irritating Day.

I fell off my diet a little bit today.  Not bad.  I woke up at 5:39am, which is 39 minutes late, but no big deal.  I did have to skip a few exercises at the gym because of it though.  A few sets of different bicep curls.  I tried to make up for it later in the day, but no.  Five pound weights just aren't going to cut it.
Here's how my day went:  I got to the gym at 7am, roughly 1 hour later than I wanted.  But I recognized that what I wanted wasn't realistic, so I suppose I will need to get over it.  Anyway, I felt good, felt rested.  Felt JACKED on my superpump!  So I got to work, but somehow it took me 30 minutes to get through 2 supersets (4 sets each, so a total of 16 exercises).  I guess that makes sense, but it totally pissed me off.  At 7:45am I knew I needed to switch to cardio if I was going to get the half-hour in.  So I did.  Then I stretched and went to shower...no hot water at the gym, and then I dropped my bottle of Muscle Martini (that stuff takes care of cravings like NOBODY'S BUSINESS!!!).  Luckily I didn't have to go straight to work, I had time to shower, so I shouldn't be so annoyed at the inconvenience.  It was actually quite convenient that it happened that way today and not, say Friday, when I have a presentation to give at 8am.
Anyway, when I got home, I took a shower and I was overcome with tired.  So I laid down for about an hour before I went to work.
The rest of the day was overwhelming and frustrating.  And now it's 10pm and I'm hungry.  But I ate 2 dark chocolates and 1 cookies and cream chocolate during class, plus a coffee with a tiny bit of French Vanilla creamer at 5pm (while I was putting Fix-A-Flat in my tire...THAT was an episode...ugh).  So, I know in reality it's probably less than 100 calories of stuff that is not helping me toward my goal.  My main concern is the downward spiral.  I feel a little like I'm losing my cool.  I have only struggled with diet one other time, and that was just because I was feeling disappointed.
Hm.  Perhaps today just had to do with feeling frustrated, and maybe it doesn't have to be a downward spiral.  Although, if I don't get my office and my home organized, I don't know how I'm going to escape it.  So, I guess that's my plan.  Organize my office and my home.  Alright.  I'll get working on that.  And, I need to get back to my Chalene Johnson to-do list.  I've been neglecting that and that also makes me feel helpless and out of control.
For now, I'm going to try to continue to get caught up on rest.
Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment