Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I'm totally getting the hang of this.

So, it's Day 9, and starting this plan while I was on vacation (well, off of work, I was simply trying to mentally disconnect and rejuvenate while re-organizing) was a GREAT idea.
I'm finding the affirmations really work.  Tomorrow I need to get up by 5:30am because I did a dry run today and I'll need that much time in order to get to work on time.

I did my lifting today and WOW!  MY PUSHUPS!  I have struggled with the fact that I can't seem to go down past a certain point in the pushup, but today, I noticed that had changed.  Now, when I got to the narrow pushups, I couldn't do much at all.  My chest/triceps were already fatiguing.  I had to do those on my knees, and I squeezed every little bit I could out of them.

I am noticing however, that lifting seems to take away my brainpower.  I just am not as sharp on the mornings after I lift.  Or all day, for that matter.  Maybe this is something I will adjust to.  You'd think I'd be super-sharp.  I'm super-sharp after starting the day with cardio.

Ah, well.  In order to set myself up for success, I've gotten all my steps ready for tomorrow.  Oh. That's not true.  I still need to lay out work out clothes, after-gym glutamine, and work clothes.  But my food is almost all ready.  Yams are still baking.  Laundry is still in the dryer.

But it's early to bed for me, so good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment