Sunday, September 9, 2012

13 days of this program!

I wanted to write a meaningful blog today that wasn't just me checking in. But, it's 9:39pm and I wanted to be sleeping by now.
I can say that I went to Kerry's yoga class for the first time in a LONG time this weekend, and it was so worth it.  Somehow, between Kerry and Amy, they both manage to get me to give more than I thought I could. 
I also learned and reinforced that I've already decided how this is going to end.
I cooked 24 turkey muffins today, made salad for the week, made kale shakes for a few days, made sweet potatoes for 4 days, and egg whites for 5 days.  I put my lunch together in the fridge so that it's just easy to grab it and go.
This week is my first full week back to work, and it's also the first full week of strength training and building muscle.  I wonder if it will be much different than what I'm doing with the modifications that Amy gave me (aim for 6-10 reps, try to find the place where your muscle fails, lower the weight slightly with each set). 
But, it's time for me to go to bed.
One more thing:  I've totally abandoned measuring and weighing because I get too wrapped up in wanting to see change from one day to the next.  I found that I was looking for specific things to change, like my waist would get smaller, my back would be more defined, etc.  But what I'm finding now that I'm not anticipating and expecting changes in certain places, I'm actually noticing WHAT IS changing.  For example...I'm gonna hurt somebody with these arms :) :) :).  Seriously.  I am working with some dangerous guns here.  AND, I just happened to notice that there's a muscle somewhere between the back of my leg and my inner thigh that I never noticed before that I am TOTALLY building.  Also, the outside of my quad by my knee is starting to develop. 
I wasn't looking for those kinds of changes before, so I totally missed them and thought nothing was changing.
But, whatever.  I'm onto my "Do the program, eat the right food at the right time, and get enough sleep.  Changes will occur."
I'll say it again:  I've already decided how this story ends.
Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment