Thursday, January 12, 2012

Week 25, Day 4. Accountability.

I don't feel like writing my blog. But I'm doing it because it's the only way I can hold myself accountable.

Today, I got up at 7 something, made myself eggs and oatmeal, but only had time to eat the eggs before work. I also had coffee with sugar, no creamer.

On my lunch I was super hungry. I ate at Waffle Shop. Again. 2 eggs over easy, two pieces of wheat toast and home fries with ketchup. Plus coffee with sugar and cream.

At 2pm, I had a Mountain Dew.

At 6pm, I went to Wegman's and ate Vegetarian Chili with their cornbread and FOUR MOZZARELLA STICKS.

For the last mozzarella stick, I kept saying to myself, "Let that be the one thing you say no to." That quickly dissolved. Each bite was a bargain with myself. I ate the entire thing.

It was at that point that I realized I was self-medicating with food. I had a pretty full day, kind of stressful...not in a bad way, but I was constantly on my toes. By the end of the day, I wanted to disconnect. And I was hungry.

So I disconnected from the world by eating. Next time I will be more aware of that.

Then I went to my friend's house and had two glasses of red wine. I don't know why, really. She would have been 110% supportive of me drinking water, but for some reason I chose wine.

Again, next time, I will put my goals in the front of my mind...even say them out loud...and I'll make a different choice.

Now I want a good nights sleep because I have another full day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. So, Bets, I was thinking about this post in the shower this morning (not to weird you out but that is absolutely where I get all of my good thinking done) and maybe I have a helpful idea. Way back (way way back) in the days of livejournal, I had a friend who, as a sort of art project, posted a picture of everything she ate for a year. Her pics were really artsy, which was the point, but she also said it was the best diet ever because she was so conscious of everything she ate.

    What do you think? Would it be helpful to you? I was thinking that it might help with accountability - especially if, say, a friend was doing the same thing (I'd be willing to post my food too). We could make a private (or public) blog or group on facebook and then post the pics to it.

    ReplyDelete